Moses Lake, WA Tue Jan 8, 2013 USDA Market News
Stockland Livestock Auction, Davenport, WA Mon 1/7/2013
Receipts: 360 Last Week: N/A Year Ago: 660
No trends due to the holidays the last 2 weeks and the market was closed.
Trade active with good demand. Inclement weather condition’s affecting the
movement of livestock in the trade area. Slaughter cows made up 50 percent of
the offering, Slaughter bulls 1 percent, and feeders 49 percent of the
supply. The feeder supply included 67 percent steers and 33 percent heifers.
Near 58 percent of the run weighed over 600 lbs.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1-2: 400-500 lbs 155.00; 500-600 lbs 144.00-
154.50; 600-700 lbs 138.00-144.00; 700-800 lbs 133.00-137.50.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2: 600-700 lbs 133.50-140.50; 600-700 lbs
121.00, Full; 700-800 lbs 127.00-128.00. Small and Medium 1-2: 400-500 lbs
Pct. Lean Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Boning 80-85 1200-1600 72.00-77.00 --- 65.00-72.00
Lean 85-90 1200-1400 70.00-75.00 75.75 60.00-70.00
Slaughter Bulls: Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Yield Grade 1-2 1500-2300 77.00-82.00 --- 70.00-77.00
Bred Heifers (Per Head): Medium and Large 1-2: Few 6-9 mos. bred 1038 lbs.
Source: USDA Market News, Moses Lake, WA.
Greg Sanders 509-393-1343 MosesLake.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
0730p gds rlc
Buckhannon Livestock Market in West Virginia
- Why only one of four dairy calves drinks raw milk?
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast