Moses Lake, WA Tue Feb 26, 2013 USDA Market News
Stockland Livestock Auction, Davenport, WA Mon 2/25/2013
Receipts: 135 Last Week: 800 Year Ago: 215
Compared to last Monday at the same market, no trends due to the
President’s Day federal holiday last Monday and market not reported. Trade
active with moderate demand. Slaughter cows made up 43 percent of the
offering, Slaughter bulls 1 percent, and feeders 56 percent of the supply.
The feeder supply included 63 percent steers and 37 percent heifers. Near 25
percent of the run weighed over 600 lbs.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1-2: 500-600 lbs 144.50-147.00; 600-700 lbs
133.00; 600-700 lbs 145.00, Thin Fleshed; 800-900 lbs 123.00.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2: 500-600 lbs 131.00-138.50; 600-700 lbs
123.00. Small and Medium 1-2: 400-500 lbs 135.00.
Pct. Lean Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Boning 80-85 1400-1600 63.00-68.00 --- 54.00-63.00
Lean 85-90 1300-1400 62.00-68.00 --- 53.00-62.00
Slaughter Bulls: Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Yield Grade 1-2 1950-2400 --- --- 62.00-73.00
Source: USDA Market News, Moses Lake, WA.
Greg Sanders 509-393-1343 MosesLake.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
0745p gds rlc
Buckhannon Livestock Market in West Virginia
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.