Moses Lake, WA Tue July 16, 2013 USDA Market News
Stockland Livestock Auction, Davenport, WA Mon 7/15/2013
Receipts: 435 Last Week: 165 Year Ago: 240
Compared to last Monday at the same market, not enough feeder cattle last
week for accurate trends. However, a higher undertone was noted. Trade active
with good demand. Slaughter cows and bulls 2.00-8.00 lower. Trade moderate to
active with only moderate demand. Slaughter cows made up 56 percent of the
offering, Slaughter bulls 10 percent, and feeders 34 percent of the supply.
The feeder supply included 55 percent steers and 45 percent heifers. Near 80
percent of the run weighed over 600 lbs.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1-2: 700-800 lbs 133.75-134.75; 800-900 lbs
129.00-131.85. Small and Medium 1-2: 300-400 lbs 122.00.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2: 500-600 lbs 134.30; 700-800 lbs 128.00-
132.00; 700-800 lbs 125.50, Full; 800-900 lbs 127.00.
Pct. Lean Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Boning 80-85 1100-1800 70.00-75.00 76.00-76.50 65.00-70.00
Lean 85-90 1100-1500 67.00-73.00 --- 61.00-67.00
Lean 90 1000-1250 62.00-67.00 --- 54.00-62.00
Slaughter Bulls: Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Yield Grade 1-2 1400-2500 87.00-92.00 98.00 76.00-87.00
Source: USDA Market News, Moses Lake, WA.
Greg Sanders 509-393-1343 MosesLake.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
0800p gds rlc
Buckhannon Livestock Market in West Virginia
- Foremost Farms, Michigan Milk announce strategic alliance
- Challenging global conditions mark path for dairy companies
- IDFA, Cornell launch dairy foods leadership development program
- Dairy markets: Class III futures lag global downturn
- Documentary profiles dairy workforce issues in Western New York
- Certified Animal Welfare Audits for Farms: Part 5 - Audit day