Moses Lake, WA Tue Aug 20, 2013 USDA Market News
Stockland Livestock Auction, Davenport, WA Mon 8/19/2013
Receipts: 240 Last Week: 600 Year Ago: 125
Compared to last Monday at the same market, not enough stocker or feeder
cattle this week for accurate trends. Trade active with good demand.
Slaughter cows and bulls steady. Trade active with good demand. Slaughter
cows made up 77 percent of the offering, Slaughter bulls 10 percent, and
feeders 13 percent of the supply. The feeder supply included 0 percent steers
and 100 percent heifers. Near 100 percent of the run weighed over 600 lbs.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2: 600-700 lbs 139.00. Large 1-2: 900-
1000 lbs 118.00-123.00.
Pct. Lean Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breakers 75-80 1300-1900 65.00-71.50 --- 60.00-65.00
Boning 80-85 1200-2300 67.00-73.00 74.50-75.00 62.00-67.00
Lean 85-90 1200-1600 66.00-72.00 73.00 60.00-66.00
Lean 90 1000-1200 57.00-62.00 --- 50.00-57.00
Slaughter Bulls: Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Yield Grade 1-2 1500-2400 85.00-90.00 --- 78.50-85.00
Source: USDA Market News, Moses Lake, WA.
Greg Sanders 509-393-1343 MosesLake.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
0800p gds rlc
Buckhannon Livestock Market in West Virginia
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced