Moses Lake, WA Tue Nov 12, 2013 USDA Market News
Stockland Livestock Auction, Davenport, WA Sat 11/9/2013
Special Stock Cow and Bred Heifer Sale
Receipts: 800 Last Week: N/A Year Ago: 850
No trend as this was a Special Stock Cow and Bred Heifer Sale. Trade very
active with good demand. Replacement cows 100 percent of the supply. All cows
and heifers are pregnancy tested, mouthed for age, checked for legible tattoos,
sorted and sold in lots to suit the buyer.
Bred Heifers (Per Head): Medium and Large 1-2: 950-1200 lbs. 3-9 mos.
bred 1500.00-1725.00; 850-1000 lbs. 3-6 mos. bred 1375.00-1460.00, few 1125.00.
Bred Cows (Per Head): Medium and Large 1-2: Young (3 yrs. old) 950-1300
lbs. 3-9 mos. bred 1375.00-1470.00; Young to Mid-Aged (5-7 yrs. old) 3-9
mos. bred 1200-1500 lbs. 3-9 mos. bred 1375.00-1600.00; Aged (7-9 yrs.
old) 1300-1600 lbs. 3-9 mos. bred 1250.00-1325.00; Broken Mouth 3-9 mos.
bred 1500-1600 lbs. 1050.00-1125.00.
Cow/Calf Pairs (Per Pair): Medium and Large 1-2: Mid-Aged to Aged 1500
lbs. with 150-200 lbs. calves 1475.00.
Source: USDA Market News, Moses Lake, WA.
Greg Sanders 509-393-1343 MosesLake.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
0715p gds rlc
Buckhannon Livestock Market in West Virginia
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?