Kearney, NE Fri Oct 12, 2012 USDA-NE Dept of Ag Market News
Burwell, NE - Burwell Livestock Market
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 10/12/2012
Receipts: 1168 Last Week: 3850 Year Ago: 1508
The Bred cow auction consisted mostly of black, black-white face
lots bred to black bulls to calves March 1st-25th and a few Hereford
lots bred to Hereford bulls to calves Feb 10th. Fall pairs consisted
of black and Hereford with black and black-white face calves at side.
600 head of slaughter cows and bulls included in receipts.
Next Auction Dates: October 19th Special Calf Sale 4000-5000
October 26th Special Calf & Feeder Sale
Cows-Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1: Young 1330-1498 lbs with 100-150 lbs
calves 1300.00-1600.00. Middle aged 1595-1602 lbs with 100-150 lbs calves
1500-1700.00. Short/Solid 1135 lbs with 80-100 lb calves 925.00. 1713-1754
lbs with 100-200 lb calves 1525.00-1575.00. Broken Mouth 1655 lbs with
100-150 lbs calves 1400.00.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1: Young 1010 lbs 850.00, 951-1234 lbs 1025.00-1210.00. Middle aged 1071-1279 lbs 875.00-1150.00. 1302-1595 lbs 1000.00-1125.00. Short/Solid 1305-1395 lbs 975.00-1025.00. Broken Mouth 1185-1379 lbs 825.00-985.00.
Source: NE Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Kearney, NE
Shareen Dearmont 308-390-5399
24 Hr Recorded Markets 620-369-9311
Burwell, NE Livestock Auction
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles
- Calves with Sam: Read ALL the directions!
- Footrot can be more problematic in wet years
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- DHM Midwest: MN Farm Families of the year, new interns, and golf
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Rhode Island names Wright's Dairy Farm as Outstanding for 2014
- U.S. June milk production up 1.9 percent
- 'Peak soil' threatens future global food security