Kearney, NE Fri Dec 28, 2012 USDA-NE Dept of Ag Market News
Burwell, NE - Burwell Livestock Market
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 12/28/2012
Receipts: 3600 Last Week: 0 Year Ago: 4050
The Annual Holiday Cow Classic consisted mostly of black-angus
heifers and cows AI and bull bred to black angus bulls calving
February-April. A few lots of reputation Hereford heifers and cows
Bred to Hereford bulls, all lots showed good demand from several
buyers today, with standing room only. Another light covering of snow
in the area with much needed moisture. 630 head of weigh-ups and
late broken mouth cows were sold yesterday.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1: Heifers AI Bred 1015-1214 lbs
$1410.00-$1960.00, Heifers Bull Bred 931-1273 $1250.00-$1725.00.
Young 1010-1332 lbs $1360.00-$1800.00. Middle aged 1204-1538 lbs
$1275.00-$1550.00. Short/Solid 1307-1583 lbs $1125.00-$1375.00.
Broken Mouth 1321-1545 lbs $1075.00-$1285.00.
Fall Bred Cow Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2: Solid Mouth 1534 lbs 360
lb calves at side $2000.00. Broken Mouth 1450 lbs with 200 lb calves
at side $1200.00.
Source: NE Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Kearney, NE
Shareen Dearmont 308-390-5399
24 Hr Recorded Markets 620-369-9311
Burwell, NE Livestock Auction
- Farmers descend on Alltech's Global event in Normandy, France
- Work happiness factors ranked in new survey
- Commentary: Connecting the dots
- When It Comes To How Pizza Looks - Cheese Matters
- Innovation Center: Whey to go! Dairy's place in sports recovery
- Calves with Sam: Auto-Feeders Need to be Cleaned, Too
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant