Kearney, NE Fri Feb 15, 2013 USDA-NE Dept of Ag Market News
Burwell, NE - Burwell Livestock Market
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 02/15/2013
Receipts: 1140 Last Week: 4850 Year Ago: 850
Special bred heifer and cow sale with several partial and complete
dispersals in town. Demand was moderate to good from a moderate size
crowd of buyers. Most females will calve in February and March. Offerings
were bred to Black, Hereford and Charolais bulls. Two dispersals of black
cows bred Charolais were really sought after. Next week February 22nd
will be a Special Calf and Feeder Auction.
Large 1: Bred Heifers 1120-1280 lbs 1625.00-1700.00. 3-4 yrs 1160-1285 lbs
1600.00-1900.00. Solid Mouth 1250-1660 lbs 1260.00-1410.00. Short/Solid
Mouth 1300-1545 lbs 1150.00-1200.00. Broken Mouth 1295-1405 lbs 1000.00-
1050.00 Medium and Large 1-2: Bred Heifers 1020-1045 lbs 1400.00-1460.00. 3-
4 yrs 1015-1200 lbs 1375.00-1510.00. Solid Mouth 1145-1400 lbs 1175.00-
1300.00. Broken Mouth 1140-1250 lbs 875.00-985.00.
Source: NE Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Kearney, NE
Tom Walthers 308-390-5399
24 Hr Recorded Markets 620-369-9311
Burwell, NE Livestock Auction
No matching related articles at this time.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced