Louisville, KY Thu May 3, 2012 USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News
United Producers. Inc., Irvington Livestock Auction (cattle weighed at time
Compared to last week, Feeder Steers and Heifers too few to call; Slaughter Cows
and Bulls steady.
Feeder Steers: No test.
Holstein Steers: Large 3 900-1000 lbs 97.50.
Feeder Bulls: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 144.00; 500-600 lbs 145.00;
700-800 lbs 111.00. Medium and Large 2 500-600 lbs 125.00.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 158.00.
Percent Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breaker 75-80 1300-1650 80.00-87.00 90.00-91.00
Boners 80-85 1200-1400 73.00-79.00 66.00
Yield Grade Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
1-2 1355-1795 90.00-96.00 100.00-101.00
Bred Cows: No test.
Stock Cows and Calves: No test.
Stock Bulls: No test.
Calves: No test.
Source: Bobby Smith (Marketing Specialist)
Kentucky Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Louisville, KY
Irvington Livestock Auction KY
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag markets diverge just before the long holiday weekend
- Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
- Wis. lawmakers question challenges to large wells
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Bio-Vet and Keller break ground on new facility
- NOAA: Get ready for a busy hurricane season
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- White House urges Senate to cut crop insurance in farm bill
- Class III futures close out quietly last week
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation