Frankfort, KY Thu Jan 31, 2013 USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News
United Producers. Inc., Irvington Livestock Auction (cattle weighed at time
Receipts: 42 Last Week: 133 Last Year: 108
Compared to last week, Slaughter Cows and Bulls sold steady. Steers and
Heifers, no test.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 143.00.
Holstein Steers: Large 3 400-500 lbs 96.00; 500-600 lbs 93.00.
Feeder Bulls: Not tested.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2 500-600 lbs 129.50; 600-700 lbs
120.00; 700-800 lbs 101.00; 900-1000 lbs 103.00.
Percent Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breaker 75-80 1400-1575 71.00-74.50 75.00-77.50
Boners 80-85 1300-1425 66.00-68.00
Lean 85-90 1100-1250 60.00-61.50
Yield Grade Weights Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
1-2 1755-2530 91.00-91.50 94.00
This report reflects prices of the majority of cattle with a USDA grade, weight,
and sex on this sale date. This report does not represent all animals at the
sale on that date.
Source: USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News Service, Frankfort, KY
Bobby Smith, Market Reporter
Alex Tolbert, OIC 502-564-0290 xtn 238
24 Hour Toll Free Market Report 1-800-327-6568
Irvington Livestock Auction KY
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag markets diverge just before the long holiday weekend
- Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
- Wis. lawmakers question challenges to large wells
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Bio-Vet and Keller break ground on new facility
- NOAA: Get ready for a busy hurricane season
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- White House urges Senate to cut crop insurance in farm bill
- Class III futures close out quietly last week
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation