Frankfort, KY Thu Jan 31, 2013 USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News
United Producers. Inc., Irvington Livestock Auction (cattle weighed at time
Receipts: 42 Last Week: 133 Last Year: 108
Compared to last week, Slaughter Cows and Bulls sold steady. Steers and
Heifers, no test.
Feeder Steers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 143.00.
Holstein Steers: Large 3 400-500 lbs 96.00; 500-600 lbs 93.00.
Feeder Bulls: Not tested.
Feeder Heifers: Medium and Large 1-2 500-600 lbs 129.50; 600-700 lbs
120.00; 700-800 lbs 101.00; 900-1000 lbs 103.00.
Percent Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breaker 75-80 1400-1575 71.00-74.50 75.00-77.50
Boners 80-85 1300-1425 66.00-68.00
Lean 85-90 1100-1250 60.00-61.50
Yield Grade Weights Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
1-2 1755-2530 91.00-91.50 94.00
This report reflects prices of the majority of cattle with a USDA grade, weight,
and sex on this sale date. This report does not represent all animals at the
sale on that date.
Source: USDA-KY Dept of Ag Market News Service, Frankfort, KY
Bobby Smith, Market Reporter
Alex Tolbert, OIC 502-564-0290 xtn 238
24 Hour Toll Free Market Report 1-800-327-6568
Irvington Livestock Auction KY
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative