Jefferson City, MO Thu May 3, 2012 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Carthage-Joplin Regional Stockyards
Cow and Bull Auction 5/02/12
Receipts: 1175 Last Week: 789 Last Year: 926
Compared to last Wednesday, slaughter cows sold 4.00-5.00 higher and
slaughter bulls sold 2.00-3.00 higher. Slaughter cow prices made a strong
advance today following several recent negative events in the meat market.
There was a moderate supply of bred cows and cow/calf pairs with several of
very good quality and demand was good. Supply moderate and demand very good
for slaughter classes.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breaking 70-80 85.00-91.00 91.00-97.50 82.00-85.00
Boning 80-85 85.00-93.00 93.00-99.50 77.00-84.50
Lean 85-90 80.00-87.50 87.50-95.00 68.00-79.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1255-2555 lbs 102.00-109.00; high
dressing 109.00-115.00, couple 118.50-124.50; low dressing 92.00-102.00.
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 1 1/2-3 yrs 725-1110 lbs
90.00-111.00, couple pkgs. fancy 116.00; 3-7 yrs 865-1140 lbs most 82.00-
96.00, couple pkgs. thin 751-865 lbs 103.00-112.00.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2-7 yrs 2nd and 3rd stage 1000-1325 lbs
most 1100.00-1325.00, some better quality 1400.00-1425.00, 1st stage 1040-
1160 lbs 1075.00-1250.00; short and solid mouth 2nd and 3rd stage 1075-1325
lbs 935.00-1165.00. Large 1-2 3-7 yrs 2nd and 3rd stage 1370-1500 lbs
1275.00-1600.00; broken mouth 2nd and 3rd stage 1345-1440 lbs 1165.00-1280.00.
Medium and Large 2 5 yrs 3rd stage 1175 lb indiv. 1050.00. Medium 1-2 3-6
yrs 2nd and 3rd stage 875-1050 lbs 875.00-1000.00; broken mouth 3rd stage
950-1000 lbs 775.00-925.00.
Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 2 yrs to short and solid mouth 965-
1300 lb cows w/babies to 225 lb calves 1450.00-1750.00, several lots w/270-
400 lb calves and most rebred 1800.00-2000.00; broken mouth pkg. 1300 lb cows
w/140-170 lb calves 1300.00. Large 1-2 5-6 yrs pkg. 1425 lb cows w/300-375 lb
calves and a few rebred 1935.00. Medium 1-2 3-7 yrs 900-1000 lb cows w/150-
175 lb calves 1250.00-1275.00.
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Joplin, MO
Don Kleiboeker Market Reporter, 573-751-5618
24 Hour Market line number 1-573-522-9244
Joplin Cow & Bull Auction MO
No matching related articles at this time.
- Vilsack: Taking time to remember the fallen
- Ag markets diverge just before the long holiday weekend
- Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
- Wis. lawmakers question challenges to large wells
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Bio-Vet and Keller break ground on new facility
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- White House urges Senate to cut crop insurance in farm bill
- Class III futures close out quietly last week
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation