Jefferson City, MO Thu Jan 24, 2013 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Carthage-Joplin Regional Stockyards
Cow and Bull Auction 1/23/13
Receipts: 622 Last Week: 356 Last Year: 897
Compared to last Wednesday, slaughter cows sold steady to 2.00 higher with
the greatest increase on high-dressing cows and slaughter bulls sold steady.
The offering included a moderate supply of bred cows with several provided by
some small dispersals but only a few cow/calf pairs were traded. Supply was
light to moderate and demand moderate for slaughter classes.
Percent Lean Bulk High Dressing Low Dressing
Breaking 70-80 73.00-78.50 78.00-85.00 68.00-73.00
Boning 80-85 72.00-78.50 78.00-85.50 64.00-72.50
Lean 85-90 66.00-73.00 73.00-80.00 55.00-66.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1100-2570 lbs 89.00-96.00; high
dressing 95.00-100.00; low dressing 83.00-88.50.
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 1 1/2-3 yrs 872-1205 lbs
93.00-114.00; 3-7 yrs 905-1242 lbs 76.00-85.00.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2 yrs to short and solid mouth 2nd and
3rd stage 1020-1335 lbs most 1075.00-1275.00, some from dispersals 1325.00-
1400.00, 1st stage 1245-1275 lbs 1000.00-1025.00; short and solid mouth to
aged 2nd and 3rd stage 1100-1340 lbs 950.00-1150.00. Large 1-2 4 yrs to short
and solid mouth 2nd and 3rd stage 1400-1620 lbs 1175.00-1425.00; broken mouth
3rd stage pkg. 1475 lbs 1175.00. Medium and Large 2 5 yrs to short and solid
mouth 2nd and 3rd stage 890-1270 lbs 810.00-1075.00. Medium 1-2 3-7 yrs 2nd
and 3rd stage 945-1045 lbs 875.00-1100.00 per head.
Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 7 yrs to short and solid mouth pkg.
1095 lb cows w/babies to 165 lb calves 1150.00. Medium and Large 2 4-7 yrs
975-1000 lb cows w/newborn to 150 lb calves 1025.00. Medium 1-2 5 yrs to
short and solid mouth 895-1050 lb cows w/babies to 175 lb calves 1075.00-
1150.00 per pair.
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Joplin, MO
Don Kleiboeker Market Reporter, 573-751-5618
24 Hour Market line number 1-573-522-9244
Joplin Cow & Bull Auction MO
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"