Jefferson City, MO Thu Jan 31, 2013 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Joplin- Joplin Regional Stockyards
Cow and Bull Auction Close for 01/30/13
Receipts: 575 Last Week: 622 Last Year: 897
Compared to last week, slaughter cows 2.00 to 4.00 higher and slaughter
Bulls 3.00 to 5.00 higher. Supply light. Demand good.
Pct Lean Average Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breaking 70-80 75.00-79.50 85.00-88.50 71.00-73.00
Boning 80-85 76.00-82.00 83.00-87.50 70.00-75.00
Lean 85-90 67.00-74.00 77.00-81.00 56.00-66.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield grade 1-2
1055-2145 lbs 91.00-100.00 102.50-110.50 80.00-90.00
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 1 1/2 yrs to 5 yrs 718-1145 lbs,
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1 2 yrs to 4 yrs 1175-1350 lbs 3rd stage
1350.00-1550.00 per head. Medium and Large 1-2 2 yrs to short solid 875-1425
lbs 1st to 3rd stage 875.00-1250.00 per head.
Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1 few 4 yrs to broken mouth 1000-1550 lbs
with baby to 375 lb calves at side and some cows bred back in 1st stage 1300.00-
1600.00 per pair. Medium and Large 1-2 4 yrs to broken mouth 900-1375 lbs with
baby to 200 lb calves at side 950.00-1275.00 per pair.
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Joplin, MO
Brian K. Fleischmann, Market Reporter, 573-751-5619
24 Hour Market line number 1-573-522-9244
Joplin Cow & Bull Auction MO
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast