Jefferson City, MO Thu June 27, 2013 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Carthage-Joplin Regional Stockyards
Cow and Bull Auction 6/26/13
Receipts: 556 Last Week: 858 Last Year: 921
Compared to last Wednesday, slaughter cows sold 2.00-4.00 higher with
instances 5.00 higher and slaughter bulls sold steady to 1.00 lower. The
offering included a light supply of bred cows, with most in the 3rd stage,
and only a couple cow/calf pairs. Many of the producers are busy cutting
fescue seed and putting up hay. The heat feels like 102 degrees today making
it more difficult to move livestock. Supply was light and demand very good
for slaughter classes.
NOTE: There WILL BE a cow and bull sale next Wednesday July 3rd.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breaking 70-80 80.00-85.50 85.00-92.00 74.00-81.00
Boning 80-85 80.00-86.00 85.00-92.00 73.00-81.50
Lean 85-90 71.00-80.00 79.00-85.00 61.00-71.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1255-2340 lbs 93.00-100.00; high
dressing 100.00-107.00; low dressing 81.00-93.00.
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 1 1/2-3 yrs 815-1100 lbs
90.00-107.00, 675-890 lbs 112.50-121.00; 3-7 yrs 1125-1230 lbs 83.00-
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2-6 yrs few 2nd most 3rd stage 1100-
1340 lbs most 1050.00-1300.00, couple blacks 3rd stage 1350.00&1450.00,
1st stage 1100-1200 lbs 940.00-1025.00; short and solid mouth to aged 3rd
stage 1100-1275 lbs 875.00-1085.00. Large 1-2 5-6 yrs 2nd and 3rd stage
1450-1520 lbs 1230.00-1400.00; short and solid mouth 3rd stage 1495 lb indiv.
1165.00. Medium and Large 2 6 yr 3rd stage 950 lb indiv. 875.00. Medium 1-2
2-6 yrs 2nd and 3rd stage 775-1045 lbs 875.00-950.00, 1st stage 4 yr 955 lb
indiv. 800.00; broken mouth 990 lb indiv. 810.00 per head.
Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 2-7 yrs couple 900-1235 lb cows
w/baby calves 1225.00-1300.00. Medium and Large 2 3 yr 935 lb cow w/150 lb
calf 1100.00 per pair.
Source: Missouri Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Joplin, MO
Don Kleiboeker Market Reporter, 573-751-5618
24 Hour Market line number 1-573-522-9244
Joplin Cow & Bull Auction MO
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- November Class I base lower; Cold Storage report mixed
- Food Babe visits my university
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- ABI Elects New President and Officers at October Board Meeting
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs