Jefferson City, MO Thu Dec 5, 2013 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Joplin- Joplin Regional Stockyards
Cow and Bull Auction Close for 12/04/13
Receipts: 1126 Last Week: 519 Last Year: 1471
Compared to last week, slaughter cows mostly steady and slaughter
bulls mostly steady . Supply moderate. Demand moderate. Most of todays
Offering was slaughter classes.
Pct Lean Average Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breaking 70-80 82.00-88.00 90.00-92.50 76.00-83.00
Boning 80-85 78.00-84.50 85.00-88.00 69.00-77.50
Lean 85-90 70.00-78.00 80.00-83.00 61.00-69.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield grade 1-2
1045-2140 lbs 91.00-97.50 99.00-105.00 80.00-90.00
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 1 yr to 2 yrs 725-1290 lbs
100.00-124.00; few 4 yrs to 5 yrs 1025-1315 lbs 86.00-95.00.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 1 ½ yrs to short solid 850-1425 lbs
1st to 3rd stage 1050.00-1625.00 per head. Medium 1-2 3 yrs to 5 yrs 875-1000
Lbs 1st to 3rd stage 735.00-1100.00 per head.
Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium And Large 1-2 4 yrs to short solid 1000-1525 lbs
With baby to 250 lb calves at side 1400.00-1900.00 per pair.
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Joplin, MO
Brian K. Fleischmann, Market Reporter, 573-751-5619
24 Hour Market line number 1-573-522-9244
Joplin Cow & Bull Auction MO
- Boggess named U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center director
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Product prices, April margins, dairy CPI
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Inlets essential to tunnel ventilation success
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Ice cream makers scoop up awards for innovative flavors