Jefferson City, MO Thu Jan 9, 2014 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Carthage-Joplin Regional Stockyards
Cow and Bull Auction 1/08/14
Receipts: 530 Last Week: No sale Last Year: 635
Compared Wednesday three weeks ago, slaughter cows sold steady to 3.00
higher and slaughter bulls sold 3.00-4.00 higher. There was a moderate supply
of bred cows with very good demand, but only a light supply of cow/calf pairs.
Warmer temperatures made it more attractive for producers to bring cattle to
market even though most of the secondary roads are still snow and ice covered.
Supply was light to moderate and demand good for slaughter classes.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breaking 70-80 84.50-90.50 90.50-95.00 77.00-85.00
Boning 80-85 81.00-89.50 89.00-96.50 73.00-82.00
Lean 85-90 75.00-82.50 82.00-88.00 66.00-76.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1280-2145 lbs 95.00-103.50; high
dressing 103.00-110.50, indiv. 114.00; low dressing 81.00-90.00.
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 1 1/2-3 yrs 795-1120 lbs
most 112.50-129.00, indiv. 102.50; 3-7 yrs 835-1215 lbs 86.00-100.00.
Bred Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2-6 yrs 2rd and 3rd stage 1080-1365
lbs most 1350.00-1600.00, several better quality blacks 3rd stage 1625.00-
1700.00; short and solid mouth 2nd and 3rd stage 1235-1320 lbs 1100.00-
1325.00. Large 1-2 6 yrs to short and solid mouth 2nd and 3rd stage 1425-
1560 lbs 1350.00-1560.00; broken mouth 3rd stage 1455 lb indiv. 1250.00.
Medium and Large 2 3-7 yrs 2nd and 3rd stage 975-1200 lbs 1200.00-1250.00;
broken mouth 3rd stage 1175 lb indiv. 1075.00. Medium 1-2 3-5 yrs 1st
stage 900-1025 lbs 1075.00-1175.00 per head.
Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 4 yrs to short and solid mouth
1100-1350 lb cows w/babies to 225 lb calves 1400.00-1600.00. Medium 1-2
3 yrs to short and solid mouth 875-1000 lb cows w/babies to 260 lb calves
1300.00-1500.00 per pair.
Source: Missouri Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Joplin, MO
Don Kleiboeker Market Reporter, 573-751-5618
24 Hour Market line number 1-573-522-9244
Joplin Cow & Bull Auction MO
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs