Oklahoma City, OK Tue May 8, 2012 USDA-OK Dept Ag Market News
Oklahoma National Stockyards, Oklahoma City, OK - Close
Cow and Bull Auction for Tue 05/08/2012
Receipts: 632 Last Week: 849 Year Ago: 1049
Monday's actual: 9503
Compared to last week: Slaughter cows steady to 2.00 lower.
Slaughter bulls 2.00-4.00 higher. Packer demand very good.
Total of 269 cows and bulls sold with 83 percent going to packers.
Head %Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breakers 39 75-80% 1225-1575 93.00-94.50 97.00 87.00-91.50
Boners 66 80-85% 1075-1350 93.00-96.00 98.00 86.50-91.50
Lean 83 85-90% 1000-1350 91.50-93.50 ----- 85.00-90.00
Light 7 80-90% 750-1000 82.00-85.00 90.00 79.00
Head Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Y.G. 1-2 27 1350-2025 114.00-118.00 120.00-123.00 108.00-112.00
Very High 125.50; Very Low 99.00-104.00
The estimated dressed cost at the Oklahoma National Stockyards; Lean
197.50; Boners 186.75; Breakers 178.00; Lightweight carcasses 185.50;
Replacement Cows: Pre-tested for pregnancy and age.
Medium and Large 1-2:
Age Weight Months Bred Quality Price
2-4 yr old 1050-1200 5-7 months avg quality 1060.00-1200.00;
4 yr old 1150-1200 6-7 months avg black 1360.00-1385.00.
Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2:
Age Cow Weight Calf Weight Quality Price
Source: USDA-Oklahoma Dept of Ag Market News, Oklahoma City, OK
Tina Colby/ John Stacy
Phone (405) 232-5425 Market Recording (405) 636-2691
Oklahoma City Cow and Bulls
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced