Oklahoma City, OK Tue Jun 18, 2013 USDA-OK Dept of Ag Market News
Oklahoma National Stockyards, Oklahoma City, OK.
Cow and Bull Auction Report for Tue 06/18/2013
Receipts This Week: 787 Last Week: 895 Last Year: 684
Monday's Actual: 9,247
Compared to last week: Slaughter cows and bulls sold steady to weak.
Packer demand moderate to good. Total of 403 cows and bulls sold with
73 percent going to packers.
Head %Lean Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Breakers 59 75-80% 1150-1675 78.00-78.50 ----- 74.00-77.50
Boners 159 80-85% 1000-1450 79.50-86.00 86.50-88.00 73.00-79.00
Lean 38 85-90% 1000-1300 73.00-78.50 79.50 66.50-72.50
Light 10 80-90% 800-1000 71.00-75.50 77.50 62.50-68.00
Head Weight Average Dress High Dress Low Dress
Y.G. 1-2 27 1300-2145 96.00-102.50 103.50 90.00-95.50
Very lo: 82.00-86.50
The estimated dressed cost at the Oklahoma National Stockyards; Lean
162.55; Boners 166.35; Breakers 153.55; Light weight cows 161.50.
Replacement Cows: Pre-tested for pregnancy and age.
Medium and Large 1-2:
Age Weight Months Bred Quality Price
6 yr old 1475 6 months avg quality 1075.00
Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2:
Age Cow Weight Calf Weight Quality Price
6-7 yr old 600-1100 150-200 avg black 800.00-1360.00;
Source: USDA-OK Dept of Ag Market News Service
Cole Snider 405-232-5425
24 Hour Market Report 405-636-2691
Oklahoma City Cow and Bulls
- Collect Colostrum Sooner rather than Later
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling slips 12% behind last year
- SCR partners with Nestlé to establish Chinese dairy institute
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs