St. Joseph, MO Fri, May 11, 2012 USDA Market News Service
Afternoon National Slaughter Cattle Review as of 2:00 pm Friday
Thus far for Friday trading in the Texas Panhandle has been at a standstill. In
Kansas, Northern Plains and the Western Cornbelt trading has been limited on light
demand. Not enough sales in any feeding region to support an adequate market trend.
Last week in the Southern Plains live sales sold at 120.00. In Nebraska live sales
ranged from 120.00-123.00 and dressed sales sold at 194.00. Live sales in Colorado
sold from 121.00-123.00. In Iowa-Minnesota live sales ranged from 120.00-123.00 and
dressed sales sold from 192.00-194.00.
Confirmed: 19,221 Week ago: 21,356 Year ago: 2,290
Week to Date: 29,656 Week ago: 45,488 Year ago: 108,718
Negotiated: prices paid for Domestic Slaughter steers and heifers:
(Information derived from the 5 area weighted average LM_CT100)
Live basis Steers Heifers
Over 80% Choice 119.00- 122.00avg 120.08 120.00- 122.00avg 120.12
65 - 80% Choice 119.00- 121.00avg 119.82 119.00- 122.00avg 120.82
35 - 65% Choice 119.00- 122.00avg 120.31 119.00- 122.00avg 119.89
0 - 35% Choice - avg 121.00- 121.00avg 121.00
Total all grades 119.00- 122.00avg 120.23 119.00- 122.00avg 120.33
Dressed basis Steers Heifers
Over 80% Choice 190.00- 193.00avg 192.75 192.00- 194.00avg 192.91
65 - 80% Choice 190.00- 193.00avg 192.86 190.00- 194.00avg 191.34
35 - 65% Choice 193.00- 194.00avg 193.83 193.00- 194.00avg 193.60
0 - 35% Choice - avg - avg
Total all grades 190.00- 194.00avg 193.07 190.00- 194.00avg 192.16
Formula purchases: prices established thus far today for slaughtered
Beef Type: Domestic:
Head count priced today: 16,800
Weighted avg weight: 830
Weighted avg net price: 191.43
Covers transactions reported at 2:00 pm today. Comments and market conditions
may include information gathered from voluntary sources, all prices, weights
and head counts are only those gathered through the mandatory reporting system.
Source: USDA Market News Service, St Joseph, MO
(816)-238-0678 or (816)-676-7000 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Slaughter Cattle Review - Afternoon
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.