Columbia, SC Thu Dec 27, 2012 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market
SC Farm Report on Thursday
***Livestock auctions closed due to Christmas and New Year Holidays
and will reopen the week of Jan 7th***.
Hogs on Wednesday. Plant delivered weighted average. National direct
Barrows & Gilts US 1 50-54% lean 240-300 lbs 60.03, down 0.83. Sows
live price 300-450 lbs 47.81; 450-500 lbs 56.14; 500-550 lbs 57.57.
SC Grain on Thursday. Corn was N/A, processor bids 7.11-7.91.
Soybeans were N/A, processor bid 13.94, export bid N/A. New Crop Wheat
was N/A, elevator bids 6.87-7.32.
Cotton on Thursday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 was at 73.51.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State
Farmers Market on Thursday. Beets dz bnchs Red type 18.00; Cabbage 50 lb
ctns Green Type 12.00; Greens dz bchs Collards /Turnips 16.00, ctns
bnchd Kale 24s 12.00; Onions, Green 2 dz bnchs Med 9.00; Pecans per
pound 2.00-3.00; Spinach 1.8 bucrts Savoy type 16.00; Tomatoes 25 lb
ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red xlge and larger 16.00-18.00; Turnips 25 lb
sacks Topped 12.00. OUT OF STATE PRODUCE: Apples buctns Red/Gold/Rome
15.00-22.00, Gala/Winesap/Stayman 22.00-24.00; Beans bucrts Snap type
22.00; Cucumbers 1 1/9 bucrts Pickles sml-med 27.00; Peanuts busks Red
Skin Type 42.00; Sweet Potatoes 40 lb ctns Fair Quality sml-med 10.00-
11.00; Citrus: Grapefruit 25 lb ctns Red type 40 ct 14.00; Oranges 25 lb
ctns Navel Red Type 14.00-16.00; Tangerines 4/5 buctns Sunburst
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or
www.agriculture.sc.gov/ Or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC 803-
737-4491. www.ams.usda.gov/LSMarketNews or www.agriculture.sc.gov/
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
- DHM Numbers: Cold storage report bullish for butter
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Most ag markets traded firmly Friday morning
- Dairy Herd columnist Mess named social media farmer of the year
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high
- Cotton, soyoil diverged from general ag strength Thursday night
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban