Columbia, SC Fri Dec 28, 2012 USDA-SC Dept Ag
SC Farm Report on Friday
***Livestock auctions closed due to Christmas and New Year Holidays and
will reopen the week of Jan 7th***.
Hogs on Thursday. Plant delivered weighted average. National
directBarrows & Gilts US 1 50-54% lean 240-400 lbs 62.06, up 0.08. Sows
live price 300-450 lbs 47.30; 450-500 lbs 55.98; 500-550 lbs 57.25.
SC Grain on Friday: Corn was mostly 2 to 3 cents higher; processor
bids 7.14-7.89. Soybeans were 5 to 7 cents higher, processor bid 13.99,
export bid n/a. New Crop Wheat was 2 to 6 cents higher; elevator bids
6.93-7.45, Columbia at 7.75.
Cotton on Friday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 grade was at 72.16,
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State
Farmers Market on Friday. Beets dz bnchs Red Type 18.00; Broccoli 20 lbs
ctns Crown Cut 14.00; Cabbage 50 lb ctns/crts Green Type 10.00-12.00;
Greens dz bchs Collards 16.00, ctns bnchd Kale 24s 12.00; Onions, Green 2
dz bnchs Med 9.00; Peanuts, green 2 dz bnchs Carolina Sweet 18.00; Pecans
per pound Shelled 8.00; Peppers, Bell 1 1/9 buctns Green Xlge 14.00-
16.00; Squash 1 1/9 buctns Butternut Lge 18.00-20.00; Sweet Potatoes 40
lb ctns Orange Flesh Varieties Good Quality 16.00-18.00, Jumbo 12.00-
15.00; Tomatoes 25 lb ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Larger 14.00. OUT
OF STATE PRODUCE: Apples buctns Red/Golden/Rome 15.00-22.00, Mutzu/Granny
Smith 22.00; Bananas 40 lbs ctns 14.00-16.00; Cucumbers 1 1/9 Pickles
sml-med 26.00; Oranges 4/5 buctns Navel 64s/48s 20.00-21.00.
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or
phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC 803-737-
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
No matching related articles at this time.
- Vilsack: Taking time to remember the fallen
- Ag markets diverge just before the long holiday weekend
- Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
- Wis. lawmakers question challenges to large wells
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Bio-Vet and Keller break ground on new facility
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- White House urges Senate to cut crop insurance in farm bill
- Class III futures close out quietly last week
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation