Columbia, SC Thu Jan 17, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
SC Farm Report on Thursday
Cattle at SC Auctions on Wednesday: Feeder cattle steady to 2.00 higher. Feeder
Steers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 160.00-179.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-157.50.
Feeder bulls: 400-500 lbs 145.00-167.50; 500-600 lbs 125.00-145.00. Feeder heifers:
400-500 lbs 132.50-150.00; 500-600 lbs 115.00-140.00. Slaughter cows and bulls
steady. Breakers 75-80% lean 70.00-76.00; Boners 80-85% lean 68.00-78.00; Lean 85-90%
lean 61.00-71.00. Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 780-1335 lbs young to middle
age cows with 120-290 lbs calves 1110.00-1475.00 per pair.
Hogs on Wednesday. Plant delivered weighted average. National direct Barrows &
Gilts US 1 50-54% lean 240-300 lbs 65.64, up 1.53. Sows live price 300-450 lbs
46.44; 450-500 lbs 50.93; 500-550 lbs 53.87.
SC Grain on Thursday. Corn was 5 to 9 cents lower, processor bids 7.44-8.24.
Soybeans were 6 to 9 cents lower, elevator bids 13.40-14.00, processor bid 14.30.
Wheat was steady to 4 cent lower, elevator bids 6.81, Columbia 7.75.
Cotton on Thursday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 was 75.03, up 0.45.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State Farmers Market
on Thursday. Broccoli 20 lbs ctns Crown Cut 30.00; Cabbage 50 lb ctns Green type
10.00-12.00; Greens dz bchs Collards 16.00, Mustard/ Turnips/Rutabagas 18.00; Onions,
Green 2 dz bnchs Med 9.00; Pecans per lb Stuarts 1.50-3.00, Cracked Stuarts 3.00,
Shelled 8.00; Peppers, bell 1 1/9 buctns Red Jbo 18.00; Peppers, Other 1/2 buctns
Jalapeno Green 13.00; Squash 1 1/9 buctns Butternut 18.00, Acorn Med 14.00; Sweet
Potatoes 40 lb ctns Orange Flesh Varieties 16.00-18.00; Tomatoes 25 lb ctns Vine
Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Larger 15.00; Turnips 25 lb sks Topped 12.00. OUT OF STATE
PRODUCE: Apples buctns Red/Gold/ Rome 15.00-22.00, Mutzu/ Granny Smith 22.00; Beans
bucrts Snap type 26.00; Corn 4 dz crts Bi-color/ Yellow/White 18.00; Tomatoes 25 lb
ctns 25 lb ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Lgr 14.00-18.00; Grapefruit 4/5 buctns
Red type 40ct 16.00; Oranges 4/5 Navel 64s 20.00-21.00; Tangerines 25 lb ctns Fallglo/
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or www.agriculture.sc.gov/
Or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC 803-737-4491.
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
No matching related articles at this time.
- Vilsack: Taking time to remember the fallen
- Ag markets diverge just before the long holiday weekend
- Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
- Wis. lawmakers question challenges to large wells
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Bio-Vet and Keller break ground on new facility
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- White House urges Senate to cut crop insurance in farm bill
- Class III futures close out quietly last week
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation