Columbia, SC Thu Jan 24, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
SC Farm Report on Thursday
Cattle at SC Auctions on Wednesday: Feeder cattle steady to 5.00 higher. Feeder
Steers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 160.00-185.00; 500-600 lbs 142.50-165.00.
Feeder bulls: 400-500 lbs 155.00-175.00; 500-600 lbs 135.00-150.00. Feeder heifers:
400-500 lbs 132.50-147.50; 500-600 lbs 120.00-140.00. Slaughter cows and bulls
Steady to 2.00 higher. Breakers 75-80% lean 72.00-79.00; Boners 80-85% lean 72.00-
77.00; Lean 85-90% lean 62.50-71.00. Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 725-1035
lbs young to middle age cows with 95-310 lbs calves 1000.00-1150.00 per pair.
Hogs on Wednesday. Plant delivered weighted average. National direct Barrows &
Gilts US 1 50-54% lean 240-300 lbs 67.47, up 1.60. Sows live price 300-450 lbs 44.14;
450-500 lbs 49.19; 500-550 lbs 51.79.
SC Grain on Thursday. Corn was 2 to 4 cents higher, processor bids 7.44-8.24.
Soybeans were steady to 3 cents lower, elevator bids 13.35-14.05, processor bid 14.35.
New crop Wheat was 2 to 7 cents lower, elevator bids 6.82-7.32.
Cotton on Thursday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 was 79.64, up 2.41.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State Farmers Market
on Thursday. Broccoli 20 lbs ctns Crown Cut 30.00; Cabbage 50 lb ctns Green type
10.00-12.00; Greens dz bchs Collards 13.00-16.00, Mustard/ Turnips/Rutabagas 13.00-
18.00; Onions, Green 2 dz bnchs Med 9.00; Pecans per lb Stuarts 1.75-3.00, Cracked
Stuarts 3.00, Shelled 8.00; Peppers, Other 1/2 buctns Jalapeno Green 13.00; Squash 1
1/9 buctns Butternut Lge 17.00, Acorn Med 16.00; Sweet Potatoes 40 lb ctns Orange
Flesh Varieties 16.00-18.00; Tomatoes 25 lb ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Larger
15.00; Turnips 25 lb sks Topped 12.00. OUT OF STATE PRODUCE: Apples buctns Red/Gold/
Rome 15.00-22.00, Mutzu/ Granny Smith/Mutzu 22.00; Beans bucrts Snap type 26.00; Corn
4 dz crts Bi-color/ Yellow 18.00; Tomatoes 25 lb ctns 25 lb ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red
Xlge & Lgr 14.00-18.00; Grapefruit 4/5 buctns Red type 40ct 16.00; Oranges 4/5 Navel
64s 20.00-21.00; Tangerines 25 lb ctns Fallglo/Sunburst 12.00-16.00.
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or www.agriculture.sc.gov/
Or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC 803-737-4491.
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
LEVUCELL® SC ADVANTAGE
Lallemand Animal Nutrition