Columbia, SC Tue Jan 29, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
SC Farm Report on Tuesday
Cattle at SC Auctions on Monday: Feeder cattle steady to 4.00 higher. Feeder
steers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 165.00-190.00; 500-600 lbs 146.00-165.00.
Feeder bulls: 400-500 lbs 154.00-187.00; 500-600 lbs 130.00-157.50. Feeder heifers:
400-500 lbs 135.00-160.00; 500-600 lbs 120.00-145.00. Slaughter cows and bulls steady
to 2.00 higher. Breakers 75-80% lean 71.00-82.00; Boners 80-85% lean 73.00-82.00;
Lean 85-90% lean 60.00-74.00. Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 945-1250 lbs young
to middle age cows with 135-240 lbs calves 970.00-1350.00 per pair. Small 1-2 715 lbs
young cow with 260 lbs calves 890.00 per pair.
Hogs on Monday. Plant delivered weighted average. National direct Barrows & Gilts
US 1 50-54% lean 240-300 lbs 66.38, down 2.12. Sows live price 300-450 lbs 43.68,
450-500 lbs 49.96, 500-550 lbs 50.65.
SC Grain on Tuesday. Corn was steady to 1 cent higher, processor bids 7.49-8.30.
Soybeans were 4 cents higher, elevator bids 13.51-14.22, processor bid 14.52. Wheat
was steady to 2 cents lower, elevator bids 6.77-7.09.
Cotton on Tuesday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 grade was at 79.14, up 1.34.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State Farmers Market
on Tuesday. Broccoli 20 lbs ctns Crown Cut 30.00; Cabbage 50 lb ctns Green type
10.00-12.00; Greens dz bchs Collards/ Mustard/ Turnips 15.00-16.00, Rutabagas 17.00;
Onions, Green 2 dz bnchs Med 9.00; Pecans per lb Stuarts 1.75-3.00, Cracked Stuarts
3.00, Shelled 8.00; Peppers, Other 1/2 buctns Jalapeno/ Banana Hot 14.00; Squash 1
1/9 buctns Butternut Lge 17.00, Acorn Med 16.00; Sweet Potatoes 40 lb ctns Orange
Flesh Varieties 16.00-18.00; Turnips 25 lb sks Topped 12.00. OUT OF STATE PRODUCE:
Apples buctns Red/Gold/ Rome 22.00, Mutzu/Granny Smith 22.00; Beans bucrts Snap type
26.00, KY type 28.00; Corn 4 dz crts Bi-color/ Yellow 18.00; Tomatoes 25 lb ctns 25 lb
ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Lgr 12.00-16.00; Grapefruit 4/5 buctns Red type 40ct
16.00; Oranges 4/5 Navel 64s 20.00-21.00; Tangerines 25 lb ctns Fallglo/Sunburst
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or www.agriculture.sc.gov/
Or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- November Class I base lower; Cold Storage report mixed
- Food Babe visits my university
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- ABI Elects New President and Officers at October Board Meeting
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs