Columbia, SC Mon Feb 11, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
SC Farm Report on Monday
National direct slaughter cattle weekly summary. Weighted averages for all grades,
Standard to Prime, mostly Select and Choice. Live FOB steers 1,400 lbs at 124.87,
heifers 1,273 lbs at 124.76. Dressed delivered steers 907 lbs at 199.84, heifers 816
lbs at 199.67. Weekly boxed beef cutout values for 600-900 carcass weights Choice down
2.52 at 183.31 and Select down 0.65 at 180.03.
National direct feeder pigs last week, per head weighted average prices are
delivered to the buyer's farm. Early weaned pigs 2.00 to 3.00 per head lower. Feeder
pigs 2.00 to 3.00 per head higher. Demand was good on light offerings for feeder
pigs. Feeder pigs 10-12 lbs cash basis 52.12; 40 lbs cash basis 80.27.
Hogs on Friday. Plant delivered weighted average. National direct Barrows & Gilts US
1 50-54% lean 240-300 lbs 65.02, down 1.53. Sows live price 300-450 lbs 44.38, 450-500
lbs 49.05, 500-550 lbs 50.31.
SC Grain on Monday. Corn was 7 to 8 cents lower, processor bids 7.22-8.02. Soybeans
were mostly 21 cents lower, elevator bids 13.31-14.27, processor bid 14.32. New crop
Wheat was mostly 7 to 12 cents lower, elevator bids 6.31-7.00.
Cotton on Monday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 grade was at 79.67, up 0.25.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State Farmers Market
on Monday. Broccoli 20 lb ctns Crown Cut 26.00; Cabbage 50 lb ctns Green type 10.00-
12.00; Greens dz bchs Collards/ Mustard/ Turnips 15.00, Rutabagas 16.00; Onions, Green
2 dz bnchs Med 10.00; Pecans per lb Stuarts 1.75-3.00, Cracked Stuarts 3.00, Shelled
8.00; Peppers, Other 1/2 buctns Jalapeno/ Banana Hot 12.00; Squash 1 1/9 buctns
Butternut Lge 25.00, Acorn Med 16.00; Strawberries 1 gallon cntrs 10.00; Sweet
Potatoes 40 lb ctns Orange Flesh Varieties 16.00-18.00; Turnips 25 lb sks Topped
12.00. OUT OF STATE PRODUCE: Apples buctns Red/Gold/ Rome 22.00, Mutzu/Granny Smith
22.00; Beans bucrts Snap type 25.00, KY type 28.00; Corn 4 dz crts Bi-color/ Yellow
18.00; Tomatoes 25 lb ctns 25 lb ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Lgr 12.00-16.00;
Grapefruit 4/5 buctns Red type 40ct 16.00; Oranges 4/5 Navel 64s/48s 20.00-21.00;
Tangerines 4/5 buctns Honey 120s 23.00.
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or www.agriculture.sc.gov
or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag- USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
- Collect Colostrum Sooner rather than Later
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling slips 12% behind last year
- SCR partners with Nestlé to establish Chinese dairy institute
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs