Columbia, SC Tue Feb 12, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
SC Farm Report on Tuesday
Cattle at SC Auctions on Monday: Feeder cattle steady to 4.00 higher. Feeder
steers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 147.50-196.50; 500-600 lbs 141.00-174.00.
Feeder bulls: 400-500 lbs 154.00-195.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-167.00. Feeder heifers:
400-500 lbs 135.00-162.00; 500-600 lbs 123.00-148.00. Slaughter cows and bulls steady
to 3.00 higher. Breakers 75-80% lean 75.00-85.50; Boners 80-85% lean 75.00-87.00;
Lean 85-90% lean 60.00-73.50. Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 675-1270 lbs young
to middle age cows with 165-250 lbs calves 1035.00-1370.00 per pair. Small 1-2 765-
930 lbs young to middle age cows with 150-165 lbs calves 780.00-940.00 per pair.
Hogs on Monday. Plant delivered weighted average. National direct Barrows & Gilts
US 1 50-54% lean 240-300 lbs 65.39, down 0.72. Sows live price 300-450 lbs 43.76,
450-500 lbs 50.05, 500-550 lbs 51.26.
SC Grain on Tuesday. Corn was 6 cents lower, processor bids 7.16-7.96. Soybeans
were 8 to 11 cents lower, elevator bids 13.20-14.19, processor bid 14.21. New crop
Wheat was mostly 5 to 9 cents lower, elevator bids 6.20-6.91.
Cotton on Tuesday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 grade was at 78.56, down 1.11.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State Farmers Market
on Tuesday. Broccoli 20 lb ctns Crown Cut 26.00; Cabbage 50 lb ctns Green type 10.00-
12.00; Greens dz bchs Collards/ Mustard/ Turnips 15.00, Rutabagas 16.00; Onions, Green
2 dz bnchs Med 10.00; Pecans per lb Stuarts 1.75-3.00, Cracked Stuarts 3.00, Shelled
8.00; Peppers, Other 1/2 buctns Jalapeno/ Banana Hot 12.00; Squash 1 1/9 buctns
Butternut Lge 25.00, Acorn Med 16.00; Strawberries 1 gallon cntrs 10.00; Sweet
Potatoes 40 lb ctns Orange Flesh Varieties 16.00-18.00; Turnips 25 lb sks Topped
12.00. OUT OF STATE PRODUCE: Apples buctns Red/Gold/ Rome 22.00, Mutzu/Granny Smith
22.00; Beans bucrts Snap type 25.00, KY type 28.00; Corn 4 dz crts Bi-color/ Yellow
18.00; Tomatoes 25 lb ctns 25 lb ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Lgr 12.00-16.00;
Grapefruit 4/5 buctns Red type 40ct 16.00; Oranges 4/5 Navel 64s/48s 20.00-21.00;
Tangerines 4/5 buctns Honey 120s 23.00.
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or www.agriculture.sc.gov/
Or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag markets diverge just before the long holiday weekend
- Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
- Wis. lawmakers question challenges to large wells
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Bio-Vet and Keller break ground on new facility
- NOAA: Get ready for a busy hurricane season
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- White House urges Senate to cut crop insurance in farm bill
- Class III futures close out quietly last week
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation