Columbia, SC Wed Feb 13, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
SC Farm Report on Wednesday
Cattle at SC Auctions on Tuesday: Feeder cattle steady to 5.00 lower. Feeder
Steers: Medium and Large 1-2 400-500 lbs 158.00-185.00; 500-600 lbs 140.00-156.00.
Feeder bulls: 400-500 lbs 155.00-180.00; 500-600 lbs 135.00-155.00. Feeder heifers:
400-500 lbs 135.00-152.50; 500-600 lbs 118.00-140.00. Slaughter cows and bulls
steady. Breakers 75-80% lean 75.00-91.00; Boners 80-85% lean 73.50-88.50; Lean 85-90%
lean 66.00-80.00. Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium and Large 1-2 895.00-1150 lbs young to
middle age cows with 155-315 lbs calves 990.00-1400.00 per pair.
Hogs on Tuesday: Plant delivered weighted average. National Direct Barrows & Gilts
US 1 50-54% lean 240-300 lbs at 64.75, down 0.75. Sows live price 300-450 lbs 46.00;
450-500 lbs 50.52; 500-550 lbs 51.56.
SC Grain on Wednesday. Corn was steady to 1 lower; processor bids 7.15-7.95.
Soybeans were 2 to 5 cents higher; elevator bids 13.23-14.24, processor bid 14.23.
New crop Wheat was mostly 2 to 5 cents higher, elevator bids 6.22-6.95.
Cotton on Wednesday. Southeast base price for 41-4/34 grade was at 77.57, down .99.
Fruits & Vegetables: Prices paid to SC growers at the Columbia State Farmers Market
on Wednesday. Broccoli 20 lb ctns Crown Cut 26.00; Cabbage 50 lb ctns Green type
10.00-12.00; Greens dz bchs Collards/ Mustard/ Turnips 15.00, Rutabagas 16.00; Onions,
Green 2 dz bnchs Med 10.00; Pecans per lb Stuarts 1.75-3.00, Cracked Stuarts 3.00,
Shelled 8.00; Peppers, Other 1/2 buctns Jalapeno/ Banana Hot 12.00; Squash 1 1/9
buctns Butternut Lge 25.00, Acorn Med 16.00; Strawberries 1 gallon cntrs 10.00; Sweet
Potatoes 40 lb ctns Orange Flesh Varieties 16.00-18.00; Turnips 25 lb sks Topped
12.00. OUT OF STATE PRODUCE: Apples buctns Red/Gold/ Rome 22.00, Mutzu/Granny Smith
22.00; Beans bucrts Snap type 25.00, KY type 28.00; Corn 4 dz crts Bi-color/ Yellow
18.00; Tomatoes 25 lb ctns 25 lb ctns Vine Ripe Turning Red Xlge & Lgr 12.00-16.00;
Grapefruit 4/5 buctns Red type 40ct 16.00; Oranges 4/5 Navel 64s/48s 20.00-21.00;
Tangerines 4/5 buctns Honey 120s 23.00.
For detailed reports go to www.ams.usda.gov/marketnews.htm or
www.agriculture.sc.gov/ Or phone USDA-SCDA Market News at 803-737-4491 or 4497.
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
South Carolina Daily Farm Report
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs