St. Joseph, MO Mon Oct 08, 2012 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Mid-Session and Close for 10/08/2012
Compared to last week, slaughter cows sold steady to 2.00 lower and
slaughter bulls were steady. Slaughter steers and heifers were not tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 72.00-75.00 75.00-80.00 68.00-72.00
Boning 80-85 72.00-76.00 75.00-79.00 63.00-71.00
Lean 85-90 65.00-70.00 70.00-72.00 52.00-64.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1450-2135 lbs 90.00-94.00, low dressing
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2-4 year old open cows and
heiferettes (mostly black) 885-1050 lbs 79.50-100.00.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Corbitt Wall, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis