St. Joseph, MO Mon Oct 08, 2012 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Mid-Session and Close for 10/08/2012
Compared to last week, slaughter cows sold steady to 2.00 lower and
slaughter bulls were steady. Slaughter steers and heifers were not tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 72.00-75.00 75.00-80.00 68.00-72.00
Boning 80-85 72.00-76.00 75.00-79.00 63.00-71.00
Lean 85-90 65.00-70.00 70.00-72.00 52.00-64.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1450-2135 lbs 90.00-94.00, low dressing
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2-4 year old open cows and
heiferettes (mostly black) 885-1050 lbs 79.50-100.00.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Corbitt Wall, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
No matching related articles at this time.
- Will Santa bring a farm bill this Christmas?
- Trading places: Dairy farmer, fire chief switch roles
- Feeding a growing world population starts from the ground up
- Ag markets proved generally firm in late Friday trading
- D.C. Watch: More farm bill pressure
- Dairy Council of California to serve for five more years
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced