St. Joseph, MO Mon Oct 08, 2012 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Mid-Session and Close for 10/08/2012
Compared to last week, slaughter cows sold steady to 2.00 lower and
slaughter bulls were steady. Slaughter steers and heifers were not tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 72.00-75.00 75.00-80.00 68.00-72.00
Boning 80-85 72.00-76.00 75.00-79.00 63.00-71.00
Lean 85-90 65.00-70.00 70.00-72.00 52.00-64.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1450-2135 lbs 90.00-94.00, low dressing
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2-4 year old open cows and
heiferettes (mostly black) 885-1050 lbs 79.50-100.00.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Corbitt Wall, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs