St. Joseph, MO Mon Feb 04, 2013 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Open Midsession and Close for 02/04/2013
Compared to last week, slaughter cows sold steady to 1.00 higher.
Slaughter bulls not well tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 70.00-75.00 75.00-78.00 -----------
Boning 80-85 70.00-75.00 74.00-80.00 68.00-70.00
Lean 85-90 65.00-72.00 72.00-74.00 45.00-58.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 individual 1765 lbs 93.25,
couple fed bulls 1520 lbs 101.00, few low dressing 1320-2335 lbs
Feeder Stocker Cows: Medium Large 1-2 2-4 year old open cows
and heiferettes (mostly black) 860-1200 lbs 99.00-108.00.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Corbitt Wall, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Mexico dairy industry looking toward growth
- IDFA, NMPF urge states to keep restrictions on raw milk
- Coalition fears trade retaliation over COOL, including dairy
- Dairy producers continue FARM animal care practice adoption
- Dairy markets: Spot butter dips below $2/lb.