St. Joseph, MO Mon Mar 25, 2013 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Open, Mid-Session, and Close for 03/25/2013
Due to weekend storm, slaughter cows and bulls were not well tested.
Slaughter steers and heifers were not tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 77.00-79.00 82.00 70.00-73.00
Boning 80-85 74.50-76.00 78.00-80.00 70.00
Lean 85-90 65.00-73.00 75.50 -----------
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1925-2165 lbs 95.00-100.00; individual
heavy-weight 2320 lbs 90.00.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Corbitt Wall, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
LAND O LAKES® Pasteurized Milk Balancer®