St. Joseph, MO Wed Jul 31, 2013 USDA-MO Dept Ag Market News
St. Joseph, MO Stockyards
Slaughter Cattle Open, Mid-Session, and Close for 07/31/2013
Compared to last week, slaughter cow trading was much more active with prices
4.00-6.00 higher. Slaughter bulls sold mostly steady. Slaughter steers and
heifers were not tested.
Percent Lean Avg Dressing Hi Dressing Lo Dressing
Breaking 70-80 80.00-84.50 84.50-88.00 75.00-78.00
Boning 80-85 78.00-84.00 83.00-88.25 73.00-77.00
Lean 85-90 72.00-75.00 78.00-83.00 50.00-65.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2 1385-2185 lbs 90.00-95.00, low dressing
Feeder/Stocker Cows: Medium and Large 1-2 2-4 year old open cows and
heiferettes (mostly black) pkg 1070 lbs 86.25.
SOURCE: USDA-MO Dept of Ag Market News Service, St. Joseph, MO
Corbitt Wall, 816-676-7000 StJoe.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 1-573-522-9244
St. Joseph Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?