Torrington, WY Fri Oct 12, 2012 USDA- WY Dept of Ag Market News
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 10/12/2012
Torrington Livestock Commission Co.
Receipts: 3100 Week Ago: 3100 Year Ago: 1135
Compared to last Friday: Slaughter Cows steady to 1.00 lower; Feeder Cows
steady to 1.00 higher Slaughter Bulls 1.00 lower. Demand good. Slaughter cows
and bulls accounted for approximately 35 percent of the run; feeder cows 50
percent; 5 percent feeders and 10 percent bred cows.
Pct Lean Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breakers 75-80 1250-1800 74.00 78.00 79.50-82.00 70.00-70.50
Boners 80-85 1050-1650 71.00-77.00 79.00-87.00
Lean 85-90 950-1500 63.00-69.50 70.00-70.50 55.00-62.50
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2: 1300-2300 lb 85.00-89.00; low dressing
75.00-81.50. Return to feed 80.00-89.00.
Feeder Cows: Medium-Large 1: Heifers 725-950 lb 113.00-128.00; Heiferettes
800-1050 lb 92.00-106.00; Young 900-1250 lb 76.00-91.00; Aged to Middle Aged
average condition 1100-1700 lb 69.00-77.75; fleshy 72.00-75.50; thin 62.50-
Bred Cows: Medium-Large 1: Aged short solid 1175-1325 lb 860.00-900.00; Aged
short term 1000-1200 lb 680.00-845.00.
Source: USDA- WY Dept of Ag Market News Service, Torrington, WY
(307)532-4146 24 Hour recorded market information 307-532-7200
Torrington Livestock Auction WY
- EPA in hot water over proposed CWA rule
- DHM Southeast: Dairy events in Florida, update on Burdette/Stiles
- Calves with Sam: Read ALL the directions!
- Footrot can be more problematic in wet years
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- DHM Midwest: MN Farm Families of the year, new interns, and golf
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Rhode Island names Wright's Dairy Farm as Outstanding for 2014
- U.S. June milk production up 1.9 percent
- 'Peak soil' threatens future global food security