Torrington, WY Fri Feb 8, 2013 USDA- WY Dept of Ag Market News
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 02/08/2013
Torrington Livestock Commission Co.
Receipts: 750 Week Ago: 500 Year Ago: 750
Compared to last Friday: Slaughter Cows 2.00-4.00 lower; Feeder Cows 1.00-2.00
lower; Slaughter Bulls 2.00-4.00 lower. Demand good. Slaughter cows and bulls
accounted for approximately 50 percent of the run; feeder cows 40 percent, and
10 percent feeder cattle.
Pct Lean Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breakers 75-80 1300-1900 73.50-77.00 68.00-70.00
Boners 80-85 1050-1600 71.50-78.50 79.50-80.50 68.00-72.00
Lean 85-90 850-1350 68.00-73.50 74.50-80.00 63.00-68.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2: 1300-2600 lb 89.00-98.00; high dressing
99.50-102.50, low dressing 82.00-88.00.
Feeder Cows: Medium-Large 1: Heifers 675-850 lb 110.00-117.00; Heiferettes
875-1025 lb 96.00-106.00; Young 850-1250 lb 77.00-90.00; Aged to Middle Aged
average condition 1100-1500 lb 71.00-79.00, fleshy 72.50-77.50, thin 65.00-72.50
Source: USDA- WY Dept of Ag Market News Service, Torrington, WY
(307)532-4146 24 Hour recorded market information 307-532-7200
Office e-mail: TorringtonWy-LPSMNLS@ams.usda.gov
Torrington Livestock Auction WY
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast