Torrington, WY Fri Feb 22, 2013 USDA- WY Dept of Ag Market News
Feeder Cattle Weighted Average Report for 02/22/2013
Torrington Livestock Commission Co.
Receipts: 525 Week Ago: 2650 Year Ago: 225
Compared to last Friday: Slaughter & Feeder Cows 2.00-5.00 higher; Slaughter
Bulls 2.00 higher. Demand good. Slaughter cows and bulls accounted for
approximately 20 percent of the run; feeder cows 10 percent, 5 percent feeder
cattle and bred cows 65 percent.
Pct Lean Weight Avg Dressing High Dressing Low Dressing
Breakers 75-80 1300-2150 73.00-79.00 82.00-87.00
Boners 80-85 1000-1650 74.50-82.50 83.00-93.50 69.00-73.50
Lean 85-90 850-1350 73.50-79.50 81.00-87.00 67.00-70.00
Slaughter Bulls: Yield Grade 1-2: 1300-2100 lb 92.00-96.00; high dressing
cple 103.50; low dressing 84.00-89.00.
Feeder Cows: Medium-Large 1: Heifers 750-950 lb 110.00-122.00; Heiferettes
775-1025 lb 95.00-102.00; Young 850-1250 lb 79.00-88.00; Aged to Middle Aged
average & fleshy condition 1050-1550 lb 75.00-82.50.
Source: USDA- WY Dept of Ag Market News Service, Torrington, WY
(307)532-4146 24 Hour recorded market information 307-532-7200
Office e-mail: TorringtonWy-LPSMNLS@ams.usda.gov
Torrington Livestock Auction WY
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Dairy markets: A mid-week pop to the upside
- As debate rages, GMO labeling votes loom in Oregon, Colorado
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- NMPF adds Bongards-MN, Mount Joy-PA, Cortland & Oneida-Madison-NY