Tylertown Livestock Auction MS

 Resize text         Printer-friendly version of this article Printer-friendly version of this article


JK_LS148
Jackson, MS    Wed May 02, 2012    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News

Tylertown, MS - Tylertown Stockyard
Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Tue May 01, 2012

Receipts     This week  750   Last Week  755  Last Year  669

 Compared to last week slaughter cows and bulls traded steady. Feeder steers
trended 4.00 to 5.00 lower and heifers 3.00 to 4.00 lower. Feeders consisted
of 51 percent steers and 49 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs
60 percent over 600 lbs 9 percent. Total receipts were made up of 69 percent
feeders, 20 percent slaughter cows/bulls and 11 percent pairs/replacements.

  Slaughter Cows:
          Weight (lbs) Pct Lean    Avg Dressing    High Dress    Low Dress
Breaking    850-1200     70-80     78.00-83.00     -----------   -----------
Boning      850-1200     80-85     83.00-87.00     86.00-90.00   -----------
Lean        850-1200     85-90     76.00-81.00     -----------   -----------
Lean        750-850      85-90     70.00-76.00     -----------   -----------
Lean        under 750    88-90     -----------     -----------   -----------
 
  Slaughter Bulls:  Yield grade 1-2  1000-1500 lbs 100.00-107.00; 1500-2000 lbs
102.00-112.00.

   Feeder Steers:  Medium & Large 1-2  300-400 lbs 195.00-210.00; 400-500 lbs
175.00-185.00; 500-600 lbs 155.00-168.00; 600-700 lbs 145.00-154.00.
Medium & Large 3  300-400 lbs 175.00-190.00; 400-500 lbs 160.00-170.00; 500-600
lbs 145.00-155.00.

   Feeder Heifers:  Medium & Large 1-2 300-400 lbs 173.00-187.00 Few at 190.00-202.00;
400-500 lbs 156.00-169.00; 500-600 lbs 142.00-153.00; 600-700 lbs 135.00-145.00.
Medium & Large 3  300-400 lbs 157.00-170.00; 400-500 lbs 144.00-154.00; 500-600 lbs
132.00-140.00.

   Cow/Calf Pairs:  Small & Medium 1-2 Middle Aged 4-8 years old 800-1100 lbs with
100-200 lb calves 925.00-1425.00 per pair.

   Replacement/Feeder Cows:  Small & Medium 1-2 Young 2-4 years old 850-1150 lbs
3-5 months bred 825.00-1150.00 per head;  Small & Medium 1-2 Middle Aged 4-8 years
old 880-1085 lbs 3-6 months bred 775.00-1000.00 per head.

Source:  Mississippi Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Jackson MS
         Michael Lasseter, 601-359-1159
         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS146
         For all livestock market news reports:
         www.ams.usda.gov/LSMarketNews

0900c  ml





.



Comments (0) Leave a comment 

Name
e-Mail (required)
Location

Comment:

characters left


Farmall® C

From the feedlot to the pasture, the Case IH Farmall® C series tractors help you do more. Available in a range ... Read More

View all Products in this segment

View All Buyers Guides

)
Feedback Form
Leads to Insight