Tylertown Livestock Auction MS

 Resize text         Printer-friendly version of this article Printer-friendly version of this article

JK_LS148
Jackson, MS    Wed May 09, 2012    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News

Tylertown, MS - Tylertown Stockyard
Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Tue May 08, 2012

Receipts     This week  900   Last Week  750  Last Year  903
  
 Compared to last week slaughter cows trended 1.00 to 2.00 higher and bulls
steady. Feeder steers and heifers traded 1.00 to 2.00 higher. Feeders consisted
of 53 percent steers and 47 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under 600 lbs 60
percent over 600 lbs 12 percent. Total receipts were made up of 72 percent
feeders, 18 percent slaughter cows/bulls and 10 percent pairs/replacements.

      Slaughter Cows:
          Weight (lbs) Pct Lean    Avg Dressing    High Dress    Low Dress
Breaking    850-1200     70-80     78.00-82.00     -----------   -----------
Boning      850-1200     80-85     82.00-87.00     89.00-94.00   -----------
Lean        850-1200     85-90     76.00-81.00     -----------   -----------
Lean        750-850      85-90     -----------     -----------   -----------
Lean        under 750    88-90     -----------     -----------   -----------

   Slaughter Bulls:  Yield grade 1-2  1500-2000 lbs 100.00-112.00.

   Feeder Steers: Medium & Large 1-2  300-400 lbs 195.00-207.00; 400-500 lbs
175.00-190.00; 500-600 lbs 153.00-167.00; 600-700 lbs 146.00-156.00.
Medium & Large 3  300-400 lbs 178.00-192.00; 400-500 lbs 162.00-175.00; 500-600
lbs 142.00-155.00.

   Feeder Heifers:  Medium & Large 1-2  300-400 lbs 175.00-185.00 Few at
185.00-195.00; 400-500 lbs 155.00-170.00; 500-600 lbs 143.00-155.00; 600-700
lbs 130.00-140.00.
Medium & Large 3  300-400 lbs 157.00-170.00; 400-500 lbs 145.00-155.00.

   Cow/Calf Pairs:  Medium & Large 1-2 Middle Aged 4-8 years old 925-1100 lbs
with 125-250 lb calves 1150.00-1450.00 per pair.

   Replacement/Feeder Cows:  Medium & Large 1-2 Young 2-4 years old 775-190 lbs
3-7 months bred 800.00-1125.00 per head;  Medium & Large 1-2 Middle Aged 4-8
years old 925-1100 lbs 3-6 months bred 950.00-1135.00 per head.

Source:  Mississippi Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Jackson MS
         Michael Lasseter, 601-359-1159
         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS146
         For all livestock market news reports:
         www.ams.usda.gov/LSMarketNews

0900c  ml





.



Comments (0) Leave a comment 

Name
e-Mail (required)
Location

Comment:

characters left


5M Series

Five M Series Models: 5065M, 5075M, 5085M, 5100M, and 5115M (65-115 hp). If you spend a lot of time on ... Read More

View all Products in this segment

View All Buyers Guides

)
Feedback Form
Leads to Insight