Tylertown Livestock Auction MS

 Resize text         Printer-friendly version of this article Printer-friendly version of this article

JK_LS148 
Jackson, MS    Wed Oct 10, 2012    USDA - MS Dept of Ag Market News

Tylertown, MS - Tylertown Stockyard
Feeder and Slaughter Cattle Report for Tue Oct 09, 2012

Receipts     This week  1235   Last Week  960     Last Year  891

 Compared to last week slaughter cows trended steady and bulls 2.00 to 4.00
lower. Feeder steers traded 2.00 to 3.00 higher and heifers steady. Feeders
consisted of 51 percent steers and 49 percent heifers. Receipts weighing under
600 lbs 66 percent over 600 lbs 7 percent. Total receipts were made up of 73
percent feeders, 18 percent slaughter cows/bulls and 9 percent pairs/replacements.

     Slaughter Cows:
          Weight (lbs) Pct Lean    Avg Dressing    High Dress    Low Dress
Breaking    850-1200     70-80     66.00-70.00     -----------   -----------
Boning      850-1200     80-85     73.00-78.00     79.00-82.00   -----------
Lean        850-1200     85-90     67.00-72.00     -----------   -----------
Lean        750-850      85-90     60.00-67.00     -----------   -----------
Lean        under 750    88-90     -----------     -----------   -----------

   Slaughter Bulls:  Yield grade 1-2 1000-1500 lbs 78.00-84.00;
1500-2000 lbs 85.00-94.00.

   Feeder Steers: Medium & Large 1-2 300-400 lbs 175.00-185.00 Few at 185.00-195.00;
400-500 lbs 148.00-160.00 Few at 160.00-167.00; 500-600 lbs 138.00-148.00; 600-700
lbs 128.00-137.00.
Medium & Large 3  300-400 lbs 150.00-167.00; 400-500 lbs 138.00-147.00; 500-600 lbs
128.00-138.00; 600-700 lbs 117.00-124.00.

   Feeder Heifers: Medium & Large 1-2 300-400 lbs 155.00-170.00 Few at 170.00-180.00;
400-500 lbs 130.00-143.00; 500-600 lbs 118.00-126.00; 600-700 lbs 113.00-123.00.
Medium & Large 3  300-400 lbs 136.00-150.00; 
400-500 lbs 118.00-129.00; 500-600 lbs 110.00-117.00.

   Cow/Calf Pairs: Medium & Large 1-2 Middle Aged 4-8 years old 900-1225 lbs with
125-350 lbs calves 1050.00-1400.00 per pair.

   Replacement/Feeder Cows: Small & Medium 1-2 Young 2-4 years old 710-955 lbs 2-4
months bred 740.00-960.00 per head; Medium & Large 1-2 Middle Aged 4-8 years old
925-1170 lbs 4-7 months bred 750.00-975.00 per head; Small & Medium 1-2 Aged over
8 years old 835-960 lbs 3-6 months bred 610.00-760.00 per head.
  
Source:  Mississippi Dept of Ag - USDA Market News Service, Jackson MS
         Michael Lasseter, 601-359-1159
         www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/jk_LS146
         For all livestock market news reports:
         www.ams.usda.gov/LSMarketNews

0900c  ml





.



Comments (0) Leave a comment 

Name
e-Mail (required)
Location

Comment:

characters left


8560 4WD Shuttle

Built for Performance. Modern looking 83 hp workhorse with rugged, cast-iron chassis that provides more weight – resulting in more ... Read More

View all Products in this segment

View All Buyers Guides

)
Feedback Form
Leads to Insight