Des Moines, IA Mon May 07, 2012 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values steady on Select and lower on Choice on
light to moderate demand and offerings. Select and Choice chuck,
round, and loin cuts steady to weak while rib cuts firm on Choice
and lower on Select. Beef trimmings higher on moderate demand and
light to moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.19 at 190.48; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
DN 1.43 at 184.68; based on 70.60 loads of Choice cuts, 49.51
loads of Select cuts, 15.82 loads of Trimmings, and 32.19
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.75 at 177.36; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses DN 0.56
Current index reflects the equivalent of 166,998 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 177.27
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.82, DN 0.02.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 49.0 loads of pork cuts and 4.0 loads of
Compared to Friday's Close: Fresh bone-in loins not tested;
butts steady; sknd hams 1.00 higher; sdls bellies 14-16 lbs and lean
trimmings steady; lean trimmings steady. Trading slow to moderate,
with light to moderate demand and offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **78.45 DN 0.41.**
Hams bone in trimmed, 20-23 lbs trim spec 1 71.00; seedless bellies
14-16 lbs 85.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 3,312
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 30 493.08
45-55# 62 406.13
55-65# 233 357.38
65-75# 433 338.27
75-85# 1,008 323.82
85-UP 1,546 294.47
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 125,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 413,000; Sheep: 9,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"