Des Moines, IA Fri Oct 05, 2012 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values lower on light demand and light to moderate
offerings. Select and Choice rib, chuck, round and loin items weak to lower.
Beef trimmings higher on moderate demand and light to moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 1.36 at 189.99; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
DN 1.45 at 175.64; based on 53.50 loads of Choice cuts, 61.76
loads of Select cuts, 15.80 loads of Trimmings, and 19.55
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.39 at 179.34; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses UP 0.35
Current index reflects the equivalent of 159,326 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 159.07
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.26, DN 03.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 63.50 loads of pork cuts and No loads of
Compared to Thursday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trim loins not
tested; butts steady; all other cuts and trimmings not tested.
Trading slow to moderate, with light to moderate demand and mostly
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **84.27 dn 0.68.**
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,664
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 88 339.14
45-55# 83 297.27
55-65# 235 272.20
65-75# 551 258.45
75-85# 469 244.85
85-UP 238 212.84
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 115,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 431,000; Sheep: 6,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Vilsack: Taking time to remember the fallen
- Ag markets diverge just before the long holiday weekend
- Study suggests dairy herd water quality linked to milk production
- Wis. lawmakers question challenges to large wells
- Traders evening up positions ahead of the weekend Friday
- Bio-Vet and Keller break ground on new facility
- Seven jobs more dangerous than farming
- White House urges Senate to cut crop insurance in farm bill
- Class III futures close out quietly last week
- 4 rules for growing a business or industry
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated
- Ongoing wave of Calif. metal theft prompts further legislation