Des Moines, IA Mon Oct 08, 2012 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values firm on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Select and Choice rib, chuck, round and loin cuts steady to firm. Beef
trimmings steady on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.58 at 190.57; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
UP 0.78 at 176.42; based on 66.97 loads of Choice cuts, 40.45
loads of Select cuts, 9.55 loads of Trimmings, and 21.11
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.21 at 179.55; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses DN 0.15
Current index reflects the equivalent of 157,094 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 159.35
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.31, UP 0.05.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 18.50 loads of pork cuts and 2.0 loads of
Compared to Friday's Close: Fresh 1/4" loins not tested;
boston butts firm; processing cuts along with lean trimmings not
established. Trading slow, with light demand and offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **84.29 UP 0.02.**
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 2,055
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 75 332.83
45-55# 74 331.14
55-65# 441 281.47
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
85-UP 399 207.00
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 128,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 435,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast