Des Moines, IA Wed Nov 14, 2012 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout value steady to weak on moderate to fairly good
demand and moderate to heavy offerings. Select and Choice Rib and
chuck cuts steady to weak while round and loin cuts steady to firm.
Beef trimmings lower on a light test.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.17 at 193.22; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
DN 0.29 at 174.30; based on 104.07 loads of Choice cuts, 91.56
loads of Select cuts, 4.23 loads of Trimmings, and 39.82.
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.08 at 183.66; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses DN 0.14
Current index reflects the equivalent of 124,865 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 159.78
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 109.50 loads of pork cuts and 7.0 loads of
Compared to Tuesday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trimmed loins weak;
butts steady to 1.00 lower; sknd hams 20-27 lbs not tested;
sdls bellies 14-16 lbs 5.00 lower; lean trimmings 1.00 to 4.00 lower.
Trading moderate, with mostly light demand and moderate offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **81.57 DN 2.55.** Loins bone
in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-LGT 96.00-102.00; seedless bellies
14-16 lbs 125.00; 16-18 lbs 125.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 456
Weight Head Wt Avg
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 121,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 434,000; Sheep: 9,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative