Des Moines, IA Fri Jan 04, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values weak to lower on light to moderate to demand
and moderate offerings. Select and Choice rib and loin cuts steady while
chuck and round cuts weak to lower. Beef trimmings steady on moderate
demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.65 at 194.26; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
DN 1.06 at 182.22; based on 94.22 loads of Choice cuts, 50.42
loads of Select cuts, 20.70 loads of Trimmings, and 30.73
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.42 at 185.57; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses DN 0.63
Current index reflects the equivalent of 134,971 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 163.35
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.29, UP 0.14.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
With the introduction of Mandatory Price Reporting of Wholesale Pork Cuts,
new options will be available for this information beginning January 7, 2013.
Included in the changes are reports for negotiated sales, formula sales,
forward sales, sow and boar pork, export and a comprehensive pork cutout.
The reports will be in daily and/or weekly format, on an FOB Plant and
FOB Omaha basis. All pork related reports will be located at:
Daily Pork Reports:
Weekly Pork Reports:
Sales reported on 70.13 loads of pork cuts and 14.0 loads of
Compared to Thursday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trimmed bone-in loins firm;
butts steady to 3.00 lower; sknd hams 23-27 lbs 2.00 higher, other weights not
tested; sdls bellies not established; lean trimmings 1.00 to 2.00 higher.
Trading moderate, with light to moderate demand and offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **83.46 UP 0.36.** Loins bone
in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-LGT 110.00
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,580
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 33 364.98
45-55# 42 317.98
55-65# 265 280.77
65-75# 319 255.66
75-85# 450 234.51
85-UP 471 210.39
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 127,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 428,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- USDA: Livestock producers urged to keep good disaster records
- DHM Markets/Marketers: PA IOFC a record high
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Fluid sales, cost of production, Chobani
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"