Des Moines, IA Mon Jan 09, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed Beef cutout values steady to weak on moderate to fairly good demand and
heavy offerings. Rib cuts steady while chuck, round, and loin cuts steady to
weak. Beef trimmings steady on light demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.43
at 193.55; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.22 at 183.53; based on 127.13
loads of Choice cuts, 83.14 loads of Select cuts, 7.45 loads of Trimmings, and
48.60 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
Dn 0.33 at 186.45; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses un at 174.26.
Current index reflects the equivalent of 158,118 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 163.33 dn 0.10.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at 13.62,
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK NW_LS500
Sales reported on 121.08 loads of pork cuts and 2.0 loads of trim/process
Compared to Tuesday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trimmed loins steady to weak; butts
mostly weak; sknd hams 20-27 lbs not tested; sdls bellies 14-16 lbs 5.00 higher,
16-18 lbs 10.00 higher, other weights not tested; lean trimmings not established.
Trading moderate to active, with light to moderate demand and mostly moderate to
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80" back
fat at last rib.* **82.98 dn 0.07.** Loins bone in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-
LGT 107.00; seedless bellies 14-16 lbs 140.00; 16-18 lbs 140.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 353
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 16 388.25
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
55-65# 98 299.42
65-75# 40 259.38
75-85# 81 239.63
85-UP 108 208.11
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 123,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 428,000; Sheep: 6,000
Source: USDA Market News, Des Moines, IA
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced