Des Moines, IA Thu Jan 10, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values firm on light demand and offerings. Select and
Choice rib and chuck cuts firm while round and loin items steady. Beef
trimmings steady to weak on light to moderate demand and moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.26 at 193.81; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
UP 0.43 at 183.93; based on 53.18 loads of Choice cuts, 46.58
loads of Select cuts, 26.39 loads of Trimmings, and 43.32
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.15 at 186.60; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses UP 0.24
Current index reflects the equivalent of 165,103 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 164.92
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.54, DN 0.08.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 87.0 loads of pork cuts and 22.5 loads of
Compared to Wednesday's Close: Fresh 1/4 " trimmed loins 1.00
to 2.00 lower; butts generally steady to 1.00 lower; sknd hams 20-27 lbs not
tested; sdls bellies not established; Lean trimmings 1.00 higher. Trading
moderate, with light to moderate demand and mostly moderate to heavy offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **83.47 UP 0.49.** Loins bone
in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-LGT 105.00-106.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 892
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 65 372.34
45-55# 61 363.93
55-65# 48 301.25
65-75# 253 252.37
75-85# 314 234.18
85-UP 151 207.00
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 124,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 432,000; Sheep: 9,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Dairy markets: Class III futures up; butter nears all-time high
- Cotton, soyoil diverged from general ag strength Thursday night
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment
- Calves with Sam: Surge in Calving, Yet Again
- Dairy aisle holds up to 70 percent non-dairy products
- DBA names Trotter as new Executive Director, Business Affairs
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban