Des Moines, IA Fri Feb 01, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values lower to sharply lower on light to moderate
demand and moderate to heavy offerings. Select and Choice rib and loin
cuts weak to lower while chuck and round items lower to sharply lower.
Beef trimmings higher on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 2.76 at 182.56; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 1.63 at 178.62; based on 134.40 loads of Choice cuts, 66.69
loads of Select cuts, 12.0 loads of Trimmings, and 24.82.
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 1.18 at 176.54; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.62
Current index reflects the equivalent of 112,330 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 165.11
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.60, dn 0.27.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 40.75 loads of pork cuts and 8.0 loads of
Compared to Thursday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trimmed loins 3.00 higher;
butts steady to 1.00 lower; processing cuts not tested; lean trimmings
steady to 1.00 lower. Trading slow, with light demand and mostly moderate
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **86.81 up 1.77.** Loins bone
in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-LGT 105.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,501
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 35 399.00
45-55# 43 309.21
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
65-75# 223 259.33
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
85-UP 694 211.51
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 122,000 Calves: 4,000; Hogs: 417,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline