Des Moines, IA Fri Feb 09, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values lower on light demand and moderate offerings.
Select and Choice rib an dround cuts steady while chuck and loin cuts
weak to lower. Beef trimmings weak on light demand and light to moderate
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 1.34 at 182.12; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
DN 1.51 at 179.62; based on 97.59 loads of Choice cuts, 45.96
loads of Select cuts, 15.79 loads of Trimmings, and 57.25
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.35 at 177.47; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses DN 0.44
Current index reflects the equivalent of 126,120 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 165.47
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 32.75 loads of pork cuts and 6.0 loads of
Compared to Thursday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trimmed bone-in loins not
tested; butts steady; sknd hams 20-27 lbs not established; sdls bellies
14-18 lbs steady, other weights not tested; lean trimmings steady to
4.00 lower. Trading slow, with light to moderate demand and offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **82.23 UP 0.54.**
seedless bellies 14-16 lbs 132.00; 16-18 lbs 130.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,732
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 40 388.59
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
55-65# 263 277.72
65-75# 439 256.62
75-85# 410 236.17
85-UP 498 213.52
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 108,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 401,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Why only one of four dairy calves drinks raw milk?
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution