Des Moines, IA Tue Apr 23, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values steady to firm on moderate demand and light
to moderate offerings. Select and Choice rib and loin cuts steady to
weak while chuck and round items steady to firm. Beef trimmings steady
on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.63 at 191.41; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
UP 0.11 at 183.78; based on 83.50 loads of Choice cuts, 39.91
loads of Select cuts, 12.88 loads of Trimmings, and 42.62
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.37 at 181.66; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses UP 0.11
Current index reflects the equivalent of 128,790 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 165.51
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.34, DN 0.03.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/lm_pk602.txt
Sales reported on 425.33 loads of pork cuts and 55.75 loads of
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **86.41 UP 0.97.** Loins bone
in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-LGT 102.00-133.00; Hams bone in trimmed,
17-20 lbs trim spec 1 71.72-84.50; 20-23 lbs trim spec 1
70.64-76.91; seedless bellies 16-18 lbs 154.00-155.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 745
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
65-75# 274 255.22
75-85# 243 237.00
85-UP 143 212.62
*For more information, please visit www.ams.usda.gov/ConfidentialityGuidelines*
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 123,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 425,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Crop marekts set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
Diamond V Original XPC