Des Moines, IA Tue Jul 09, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values weak on Choice and firm on Select on light to moderate
demand and offerings. Select and Choice rib and round cuts steady to weak while
chuck and loin cuts steady to firm. Beef trimmings higher on moderate demand and
light to moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.53 at 194.32; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.72 at 185.85;
based on 78.14 loads of Choice cuts, 48.68 loads of Select cuts, 17.95
loads of trimmings, and 24.54 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.38 at 179.52; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.24
Current index reflects the equivalent of 123,111 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
159.46 up 0.13.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.65 up 0.05.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 343.49 loads of pork cuts and 11.5 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 104.86 dn -1.48.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 123.92-158.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 85.00-95.25; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 85.00-107.55; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 85.00-105.25;
12-14 lbs skin on bellies 173.00-178.50.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 725
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN *Price not reported due to confidentiality
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 124,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 400,000; Sheep: 9,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
L Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs