Des Moines, IA Fri Jul 12, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values lower on light to moderate demand and moderate to heavy
offerings. select and Choice rib and chuck cuts lower while round and loin items
steady to weak. Beef trimmings higher on a light test.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 1.19 at 191.53; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 1.04 at 183.67;
based on 110.33 loads of Choice cuts, 54.21 loads of Select cuts, 3.90
loads of trimmings, and 10.52 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.19 at 178.63; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.12
Current index reflects the equivalent of 109,628 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
159.29 dn 0.02.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.69 up 0.16.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 264.52 loads of pork cuts and 23.71 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 101.48 up 0.73.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 119.25-144.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 90.00-94.86; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 86.98-96.00; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 92.00-101.00;
12-14 lbs skin on bellies 169.00-183.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,671
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 44 367.30
45-55# 47 *
55-65# 240 279.73
65-75# 533 258.62
75-85# 335 242.90
85-UP 472 211.11
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 123,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 402,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
L Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Wis. barn fire kills at least 50 animals
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- Ag markets moved generally higher on Wednesday morning
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- Dairy economists offer farm bill dairy safety net alternative
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced