Des Moines, IA Fri Jul 12, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values lower on light to moderate demand and moderate to heavy
offerings. select and Choice rib and chuck cuts lower while round and loin items
steady to weak. Beef trimmings higher on a light test.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 1.19 at 191.53; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 1.04 at 183.67;
based on 110.33 loads of Choice cuts, 54.21 loads of Select cuts, 3.90
loads of trimmings, and 10.52 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses dn 0.19 at 178.63; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses dn 0.12
Current index reflects the equivalent of 109,628 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
159.29 dn 0.02.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.69 up 0.16.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 264.52 loads of pork cuts and 23.71 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 101.48 up 0.73.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 119.25-144.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 90.00-94.86; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 86.98-96.00; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 92.00-101.00;
12-14 lbs skin on bellies 169.00-183.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,671
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 44 367.30
45-55# 47 *
55-65# 240 279.73
65-75# 533 258.62
75-85# 335 242.90
85-UP 472 211.11
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 123,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 402,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
L Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- Yogurt nominated as New York’s ‘state snack’
- 6 of California’s Top 10 counties saw 2013 milk output declines
- USDA amends Appalachian, Southeast and Florida federal orders
- Legislation would block EPA from releasing producer information
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast