Des Moines, IA Tue Jul 16, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady to firm on light demand and offerings. Select and
Choice rib, round, and loin cuts steady to weak while chuck cuts steady to firm.
Beef trimmings steady on light to moderate demand and offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
dn 0.04 at 190.66; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.41 at 184.35;
based on 62.31 loads of Choice cuts, 40.75 loads of Select cuts, 10.04
loads of trimmings, and 29.32 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses up 0.04 at 176.90; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.26
Current index reflects the equivalent of 141,536 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
161.28 up 1.35.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
14.68 down 0.08.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 415.11 loads of pork cuts and 20.99 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 100.39 dn -0.68.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 118.00-148.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 95.14-98.13; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 86.30-102.16; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 83.70-100.00;
16-18 lbs skin on bellies 168.00-169.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,188
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN *Price not reported due to confidentiality
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 126,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 399,000; Sheep: 9,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
L Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Water Police, part four: EPA's definition of 'adjacent waters'
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Zoetis launches calf wellness
- U.S. steps up trade pressure on Japan ahead of Obama visit
- Professional Dairy Producers Foundation offers program grants
- UDIM rebrands to reflect diversity, versatility of dairy
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine